Thursday, May 24, 2012

Graduation.....

On May 11, 2012 Josh graduated from dental school!  It is hard to believe that graduation has come and gone.  It's even harder to believe that dental school is over.  It has been a great 4 years and I know that I will miss them.  I know that at times it was hard, but looking back they will be some of our best years.  We have made so many friends that will be friends forever.  We have made some pretty awesome memories.

The week of graduation was a pretty crazy week.  We had something going on almost every night.  On top of that we had family in town and a 2 week old to take care of!  

We started the graduation festivities on Monday night at the AYUDA banquet.  Josh has worked with AYUDA during most of dental school and has loved it.  He went to Costa Rica and Belize with the group as well as participated in many dental clinics around Southern California.

Josh with Dr. Done



Tuesday night we went to Maggiano's for the IV Team banquet.  It was fun eating good food and getting to know all of these people that I have heard so much about over the past 2 years!  Josh learned so much while on the IV team and he is excited to use that knowledge in his own practice!

IV team with Dr. Malamed



Thursday night was the Senior Awards banquet and dinner.  It was a semi-formal event so it was fun getting all dressed up!  It was held at the Biltmore Millenium Hotel in downtown LA.

Josh and Bridger 







Friday was the BIG day!  GRADUATION!  It was such a fun event.  It was held on the soccer field under a huge tent.  The graduates marched in to the USC marching band.  I couldn't help but shed a tear or 2 when I saw Josh march in.  I am so proud of him and his accomplishments.  I remember when I first met Josh I asked him what he was going to school for and he said he wanted to be a dentist.  That dream of his was finally accomplished, and I couldn't be more proud.  










Josh with Dr. Mulvehill

Josh with Dr. Magne

Josh with Dr. Navazesh



The Wives


The Graduates




It feels surreal that graduation has come and gone.  It was such a fun, crazy week!

Whats next for our family??  Josh will be an associate working for a dentist in Malibu.  If all goes as planned they will eventually become partners and then Josh will buy the practice from him.  Im pretty sure it is Josh's dream job.  It is right off of the PCH, directly across from one of his favorite surf breaks.  He already has plans of keeping a surf board at the office so he can get in a quick surf session during lunch or after work.  I think its safe to say that he is addicted to the ocean:)

Im so proud of Josh and all of the hard work he put into dental school!

2 comments:

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Jamie I cannot believe you guys are done!! Congrats :)

Kelli said...

Congrats to you both! Can you believe it's over?! Time flies! Great pictures, love the one of the wives in the caps! When and where are you guys going to be moving?