Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ringing in the New Year!

We spent our New Years Eve with some of our great friends the Thomas's.  We went to their house and ate pizza for dinner and watched the ball drop on You Tube from 2012 so we could put the kids to bed before midnight:)  

After our celebration we hopped on our bikes and rode up Orange Grove Ave. in Pasadena to watch the Rose Bowl parade floats as they drove into their spots and lined up for the parade the next day.  This is one of my favorite things to do and I am so glad we were able to do it one last year before we move!  Its pretty amazing to see the floats up close and watch as they put the finishing touches on them.  

We spent New Years day taking a hike in Malibu State park and hanging out at Surfrider Beach.  Oh how we love this beach.  I will truly miss it and look forward to coming back for visits.  The tide was very low so we were able to do some exploring and see some sea creatures.  We played till the sun went down and still didn't want to leave!  The beach is my happy place, I don't know how I am going to survive without it!

















No comments: