On February 24 sweet baby Jett was born! The nine months leading up to his birth were long and hard. I found out I was pregnant 5 days after we moved to Nashville. I got sick about a week after I found out and I stayed sick for the next 5 months. It was awful! Im not sure why this pregnancy was so much harder on my body, but it was.
I went to my doctors appointment on the 23rd and my doctor scheduled me to be induced on the 24th, my due date. My mom was on her way to Nashville to help with my other kids and we were so excited to meet our little boy!
We checked in at 7:30am on the 24th. I was strep B positive so I had to go through a few rounds of antibiotics before they would give me the pitocin and get things started. Around 12:30 they started the pitocin and for the next few hours things progressed very slowly. Around 5 they checked me and I had only dilated to 4. The doctor predicted a midnight or later delivery. Since we had been hanging out all day Josh was starving so he decided to run across the street and grab some dinner. While he was gone I started feeling a lot of pain. I had an epidural but it never really worked. At 5:50 I finally text Josh and told him to hurry back I was feeling awful and I could really use someone to help me through this. He rushed back and walked in just as the nurse was checking me and discovered that the baby was coming! After 2 big pushes Jett was born at 6:10pm. He was lifeless and didn't cry for 3 minutes. Longest 3 minutes of my life. At 2 minutes they decided to cut the cord and called in a code. Within seconds about 20 doctors were in our room working on Jett. I will never forget the fear on Josh's face as we sat there waiting to hear our babies first cry.
I never thought I would be so happy to hear a screaming baby. The cord had been wrapped around Jett's neck 2 times and restricted his air flow. Thankfully once he started breathing everything was fine. We were so excited to finally get to snuggle our 8 pound 2 ounce cutie! (my biggest baby yet! no wonder my body ached so bad!)

No comments:
Post a Comment