Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sweetheart Dance





Last night we did a service project with our ward and we went to a retirement home and had a Sweetheard dance with all of the residents. We brought roses for the women and chocolate for the men and we danced and played some games. Zoie had so much fun getting so much attention! All of the ladies wanted to hold her, they thought she was so cute! One of the activities that we did was write poems. These were my two favorite....

Roses are Red
And so is my wifes head
(Written by a 94 year old man whos wife really did have red hair and he looked like the KFC Colonel)

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
Cats are gray
Full of meows
Chasing mice away

Feel free to use either of these poems for your loved one this valentines day!

6 comments:

Taryn said...

that is such a sweet idea!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to use those poems for Clay. He will love them. Thanks for the great idea!

Jen said...

Service is so sweet!
Way to go starting Zoie young.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Josh looks amazing in pink hearts! What a cute idea. Thanks for the new hair, I love it!

Lindsey Whiting said...

So cute! So I thought of you the other day while watching Ellen because they had pranks played by Asian people and it reminded me of your post with the gameshow, I think you would have enjoyed it. I just made my blog private so I need your e-mail address to send you an invite. E-mail me at
supergirl2rescue@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea to have a dance with the elderly!! This last Halloween we went trick-or-treating to a retirement home and it was soooo fun!!! I think we should go every year. They just adore those babies!!