Sunday, August 09, 2009

Josh's Triathalon

Yesterday Josh participated in his first triathalon!!! He did really good and I was so proud of him. It was at Camp Pendelton, near San Diego. He did it with a few other guys from our ward and had so much fun doing it! Since Camp Pendelton is a little bit of a drive from where we live, we stayed in Corona Del Mar on Friday night at our friends beach house. The house was beautiful and we had so much fun! We "carb loaded" the night before on yummy pizza, pasta, and frozen yogurt! We stayed up talking until nearly 1am and they guys had to get up at 5:30 to be at the race! We were all a little tired from the weekend, but it was well worth it! We had a blast! Josh is already looking for the next triathalon to do. I think he now understands why I love races so much....they are very addicting! Here are a few pictures from the race... We got there a little late so we missed the swim:(


On the bike....

On the run...

Almost Done!

Eric, Cort, Josh, and Mitch

Zoie and Finnley enjoying their dads oranges! We woke them up at 6:30 and didn't change their clothes...hence the reason they are in p.j's.

Josh's #1 fans!!

Zoie loved all of the fruit and gatorade that daddy got after the race!


After the race we decided that we weren't tired enough so we went to the beach! Cort brought some long boards so Lindsay and I went out surfing! It was a lot of fun! It was such a great weekend!

Me and Lindsay after surfing

Me, Kim and Lindsay

7 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

That's awesome! Some days I REALLY wish we went to San Diego for law school. This post made it one of those days.

Bridger said...

Way to go Josh! And Jamie for the Surf.

Jen said...

That's so awesome! What a hard race that must have been. Love the long board pic too- so cute:)

Lindsay said...

What a fun weekend! Our boys are amazing...now its our turn to do a tri!! :)

Amber said...

Good thing you took those lessons in Hawaii!

ashley wright said...

GO JOSH! Thats something i've always wanted to do... we'll see about that though.
You go girl on that surfboard! I tried surfing with my brother this summer... it was so FUN... maybe I'll come with you next time!
AND.... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun day it looked like :) miss you jamie!

Mallory Nikolaus said...

Go Josh! Craig and I are doing our first triathlon in November! We have been training really hard and I cant wait to have done it.

There is a triathlon at Catalina Island November 7th. You guys should do it!