Tuesday, March 16, 2010
First Earthquake!!!
At 4:04 this morning we were woken by our first earthquake! All I remember was sitting up in bed and saying "Josh its an earthquake, go get Zoie!" He jumped out of bed and before he even made it to her room the shaking had stopped. It only lasted a few seconds but it was long enough to scare me. Poor Zoie is totally traumatized. She hasn't left my side all day and she refuses to go into her room cuz she thinks it is still shaking. She hasn't stopped talking about it all day and I have caught her a few times saying prayers to make the shaking stop. Thankfully it was a very mild earthquake. No damage, only a few crooked pictures. It made me realize how unprepared we are. Tomorrow I am getting our 72hour kits put together so next time we will be prepared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
THAT IS SO SCARY!!!! I am so glad you're all okay! Definitely get your 72 hour kits! We need ours too!
Jamie...we totally started getting ours together today too. It was scary thinking of how unprepared we are!
Mom was telling me about this! So scary. Poor little Zo! I'm glad it didn't cause much damage or anything though. Miss ya!
Crazy! hey Mark and I are making our blog private, let me know what email address you use and I will add ya!
mep342@gmail.com
Crazy! Poor Zoie!
oh my GOSH!!! That made my heart jump!!!! im so glad everything is ok. Sweet little Zoie saying her prayers to make the shaking stop :) what a precious little girl.
ya, i should probably get some 72 hour kits together too... we have tornados in the summer and could get snowed in during the winter!
miss you
Post a Comment