Monday, November 08, 2010

Santa Barbara

This past weekend we took a VERY fun trip up to Santa Barbara with just our little family.  I haven't had this much fun in a long time.  The purpose for the trip was so that I could run the Santa Barbara marathon.  I signed up for it when I was still on a runners high after running the St. George marathon.  I haven't ran much the past couple of weeks so I wasn't feeling very prepared.  But when race day came I was excited!  When Josh dropped me off at 4:30am I started laughing at myself for running this marathon.  Who runs 2 marathons 5 weeks apart?  Im starting to think I am crazy.  The race ended up going really well.  I finished in 3 hours and 52 minutes.  I beat my previous marathon by 1 minute.  Im pretty proud of that minute.  I didn't have very many goals going into the marathon.  I just knew that I wanted to finish in under 4 hours and I didn't want to "hit the wall".  I accomplished both.  I started off a little slower, picked it up in the middle, and slowed it down in the end.  The weather was amazing.  Cool and cloudy with a little rain around mile 18.  The sun came out around mile 23 just as I was running along the ocean.  Amazing.  My body felt great.  I usually get sick after races, but this time was totally different and I felt great.  We ate lunch at a cute cafe on the ocean where we laughed at our view of 3 naked little boys playing on the beach.  After lunch I was able to take a very cold shower at the beach.....yes I showered at the beach.  Our hotel wouldn't allow us to check out late so that I could come back and take a shower.  We finished the day off playing at the beach while Josh surfed.  Im pretty positive it was a near perfect day for our entire family.

So excited to see Josh and the kids!  They were able to see me 3 times on the course.
FINISHED!  Woohoo!
After eating some yummy food!
This little guy loved the beach!  He was so happy the entire time!
He discovered sand....and loved it.  

7 comments:

Brittany~ Mrs. Arizona American Spirit said...

I really can't believe how amazing you are JAmie!! You are my running HERO!!! I honestly would NEVER be able to do that!! Congrats on your fun trip and marathon! Your children are just the cutest things!!

xoxo
Britt

Al & Whitney said...

Way to go Jamie. I think I need you to help me train for a Marathon after I have this baby!!

Shannon said...

You are awesome Jamie! Good thing someone is running... I need to get my act together!

Unknown said...

You are amazing Jamie! I think you just inspired me to get my butt in gear and start running again!

Jenna said...

You are crazy!.. and I love it cause thats totally something I would do. Now you've got to do a triathlon!

Jen said...

You are awesome! Oh i so wish someday i would have it in me to do stuff like this.

ashley wright said...

OH I LOVE YOUR CUTE FAMILY!You all look great.

Ps. Someday I will pay you to make me run with you :) Deal? ok.

Oh and I just saw your HALLOWEEN costume.. Russell... hahahha. just peed my pants. truly.