Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heart Day 2011


For the past couple of weeks Zoie has been so excited for "Heart Day" to arrive, and im pretty sure it didn't disappoint her!  Since Josh was going to be at school all day on Monday he decided to spoil me all weekend long.  I haven't been feeling very good for the past week so it was nice having someone do the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids.  He really did spoil me.  On Saturday I got a 3 hour nap, he did the laundry, he cleaned the house, got pizza for dinner, took the kids to the park and did the grocery shopping!  On Sunday he made me breakfast and a fancy dinner of Chicken Marsala for dinner.  I think he is more of a gourmet cook than I am!  


One of my favorite traditions going up was getting flowers from my dad on Valentine's Day.  I still remember coming home from school to a rose and teddy bear waiting for me on my bed.  I might have hinted to Josh that he should carry out this tradition.  I also might have told him that Trader Joes was going to open at 7am on V-day and you could get a dozen red roses for $9.99.  What can I say, i'm a sucker for flowers.  He took my hints, and got Zoie and I flowers.  Great man.  Zoie was so excited to wake up and discover a table full of flowers, candy and gifts just for her!  It was like Christmas all over again!  Seriously, between grandparents and us these kids are spoiled!






We spent our morning at the church with our friends making valentines and having a fun little gift exchange.  The kids had so much fun!  Then we made our way over to Zoie's dance class where she got some more fun treats.  It was a great day and now we are on total chocolate overload!


The only picture I could get with both of them.  Zack is clearly trying to crawl away from her.  Poor kid.




This was just after his nap.  I love that fat little morning face!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Jamie, your kids are getting too big! Hopefully we can see you next time you're in town!!
-Bryce