Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween 2011

Its hard to believe that Halloween is over and November is here!  I love this time of year.  We had a great Halloween weekend filled with lots of fun and candy!  On Saturday night we had our ward trunk-or-treat.  It was fun seeing all of the little kids dressed up in their cute little costumes running around on a total sugar high.  We started the night playing some carnival games and then moved over to the cars where the kids began getting their collection of candy:)

 My little Jessie and Woody

 Give this kid a sucker...and you have a happy kid:)

Jessie Girl

 Finnley the witch, Zoie as Jessie, Taylor as Cinderella, and Lila as Alice in Wonderland


Doing a little pumpkin bowling.  Notice Zack raiding the candy bowl....that kid LOVES his candy!

Monday brought another fun night!  Zoie could hardly believe that it was Halloween again!  We had a fun afternoon frosting sugar cookies and getting our tummies all ready for the sugar overload.  In the evening we met up with some friends and hit the streets of South Pasadena.  People go crazy over Halloween here.  The street we were on was crazy.  It was something you would see in a movie.  There were hundreds of people lining up at the houses with police cars wandering the streets keeping everyone safe.  After we finished trick or treating we headed over to San Marino to go to the Father of the Bride house.  The kids had no clue why mom insisted on going to this one house, but they were happy to accept the candy:)  It was a fun night and when we got home the kids dumped out their candy buckets and started counting.  Josh and I were laughing about how we used to count, sort and trade our candy with our siblings and then we would hide it so nobody stole it!  Luckily that trait hasn't quite passed onto our children yet....im sure in the next few years it will!  



 The Father of the Bride house!

It took this little cowboy about 3 houses to realize what was going on....and when he figured it out he loved it!




 He made it about one foot inside the door before he sat down and began searching for his "snickers".  I didn't know he liked those, but apparently he does!

3 comments:

The Wonnacotts said...

Okay I love their costumes! I can't believe how old Zack looks! And thanks for updating, I have been so excited to see their costumes!

Amber said...

so cute! I remember hiding our candy!!! Now I find out that mom was the one stealing it and throwing it away!!!

Kelli said...

The kids look so cute, and so BIG!