The past week has been a rough one for Zoie. She has been naughty, mean to friends, had too many tantrums to count, lost all treat privileges, and spent way too much time in time out. I want to attribute this naughty behavior to the fact that we just got back from a 2 week vacation where she was given anything and everything she wanted from her grandparents. Or it could be the fact that she is 3. 3 year olds are naughty. The other night it was her time to say the prayer before going to bed.
"Heavenly Father, I have been mean to everyone. Help me to be better. Amen."
I might have let out a little laugh. REALLY? She knows exactly what she is doing. And since I laughed, she prayed for this about 3 more times....I eventually stopped laughing.
This morning she woke up and said to me,
"Mom I'm not going to be naughty anymore."
Awesome. Lets hope today is a better day. My patience has almost ran out. Good thing I love her. And its a good thing she is cute.

4 comments:
That prayer is the sweetest thing. We need to do a play date soon!
Oh man Jamie...I hear ya! Ivy is Soooo naughty, doesn't it just make you fall harder for little zach? I am obsessed with beck, and i think half of it is due to how sweet he is compared to his sister:)
Oh man Jamie...I hear ya! Ivy is Soooo naughty, doesn't it just make you fall harder for little zach? I am obsessed with beck, and i think half of it is due to how sweet he is compared to his sister:)
That just made my day! Her prayer says it all, she is smart enough to know she is naughty, but it is just so hard for them to be good! haha! Three has never been my favorite year!
Post a Comment