A few months ago Josh signed up to do an externship for 5 weeks down in San Diego. He would be working in a dental office, getting tons of experience, getting school credit for everything he does and only coming home on the weekends. Sounds great, until the "only coming home on the weekends" part. Well....those 5 weeks have started! 2 weeks down and 3 to go! So far, so good. The first week I stayed busy cleaning the house, organizing closets and doing lots of hair. At the end of the first week the kids and I decided to head on down for Labor Day to visit dad! We had so much fun. San Diego is so beautiful. We got down there on Friday night and went straight to Old Town for some Mexican. The food was great and we were all so excited to see Josh. After dinner we checked into our hotel and the kids had fun playing with dad. The next day we went swimming at the hotel until we had to check out and then we made our way over to Coronado. I am in love with Coronado! All of the houses are kept up perfectly and the beaches are beautiful. We spent our afternoon playing on the beach and eating ice cream. For the next couple of nights we stayed at the apartment Josh is living in right now. It was pretty nasty. I never took my shoes off, and that was after he claimed to have cleaned it! Josh made sure to tell Zoie it was a friends house, he was worried she would go back home and tell people she went to her "dad's house." On Sunday we visited the San Deigo temple and had dinner with some of our friends the Allen's. Zoie and Crew had so much fun catching up! Monday we took a long walk along Mission beach, got some breakfast and then the kids and I headed home.
Only a dad would pick out lime green ice cream for a 1 year old!
Zoie wanted a picture wearing dad's sunglasses!
When he was done eating Zack decided to get out of his chair. Instead he just got stuck!
San Diego temple
mom: "Zoie if you smile I will give you a treat!" Zoie: "cheese!"
I was walking behind them when Zoie took Zack's hand and started walking with him. It was precious.
Then he fell so she decided he needed to be held.
She is going to have back problems one day.
Then she saw a hill with kids rolling down so she put him down and ran over to join in the fun!
We were there too....
Our cute family in front of the temple.
These two love their dad!
On our walk along Mission Beach Zack kept lying on Josh's head, it was so cute!
The day after we got home my mom came into town. I failed to take even 1 picture! Im so mad! We had a lot of fun and she was such a great help to me. We miss her so much already!
Josh left early yesterday morning and will be back this weekend. He is loving what he is doing down there, but I can't wait for these next 3 weeks to be over!
1 comment:
I LOVE Zoie's little skinny jeans. She looks so cute! And I love Zack's face while Zoie was carrying him. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment