On Tuesday Josh turned 28! Since he was down in San Diego for his birthday we celebrated on Sunday with a homemade Cafe Rio dinner and a peach cobbler for dessert. Josh isn't a huge fan of cake so he asked me to either make a cobbler or pie. Making a pie just sounds like too much work to me, so I opted for the cobbler. It turned out to be pretty tasty! Josh is such a great husband and dad and we are so lucky that he is ours!
On a side note, after being a single mom for 22 days in the past month (yes I counted), I am proud to say that I survived and will hopefully NEVER have to do that again! Friday was Josh's last day on his externship in San Diego. He learned a lot which made it worth it, I am just so glad it is over! We missed Josh like crazy and I really learned to appreciate how much he does for me. He is such a huge help around the house and with the kids. When he got home on Friday night the kids ran to him and couldn't stop hugging him! They were so excited!
1 comment:
I had to practically be a single mom for 7 days & I hated it! I couldn't imagine even longer.
Way to go surviving!
Love the cobbler idea! I am craving me some now :)
Post a Comment