Last week Zoie had early release at school and was going to be done at 11:45. Josh didn't have to be at work until 1pm. So we decided to drop Zoie off at school and take the boys to the beach. It was probably the most beautiful morning I have seen in a long time. I was able to go on a run along the PCH. It was so nice! I haven't been running nearly as much as I was before I had Luke. I just don't have the motivation or time. On this particular run I did a lot of thinking. I have mixed emotions about staying in California and raising our family here. Some days I hate it, some days I love it. It would be nice to be near family. I miss my mom and sisters and wish I had someone I could depend on if I got in a bind. I miss being surrounded by other members of the church. But for right now I know that we are where we are supposed to be.
The "real" world has been an adjustment for me. Our entire married life Josh has been going to school. I enjoyed getting weeks off at a time which gave us the opportunity to explore where we live or go visit family. I thought school was stressful but the real world is way more stressful! Now instead of deciding how many loans to take out, we have to figure out how we are going to pay off this debt all while trying to save up for a house and pay for everything else life gives us! I think I expected us to finish school and Josh would start working and be busy and everything would be fine and dandy. Not the case, not at all. It takes a lot to get a business going! Each week he is getting busier and busier, so thankfully things are improving!
When I was finished running I headed over to Surfrider beach where Josh and the boys were. Josh was holding Luke while Zack was jumping in the waves. The ocean was beautiful. The waves were small, which also meant the crowds were small. It was so quiet and peaceful. We have all fallen in love with the ocean. I remember hearing people from California say that, but until you live here it is hard to explain how you can actually fall in love with the ocean. Josh took Zack out to paddle on the surf board while Luke napped under the umbrella.
It was a beautiful morning. A morning that reassured me that we are where we are supposed to be, doing what we are supposed to be. I just wish I felt this way everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment