Yesterday I ran the Salt Lake City marathon!! I had a goal to run it in 4 hours and I came in at 3:54! I beat my previous marathon time by 44 minutes! It was such a great experience. I hate training for marathons, but running them is amazing! It was so fun having Josh, Zoie, my parents, and Ashton there to cheer me on. They came and saw me at miles 15, 19, and at the finish line. Everytime I saw them it gave me a little burst of energy. It was such a good running day. The sun was shining, the weather was beautiful, and suprisingly I didn't hurt too bad! I was a little worried cuz my hip and knee have been bothering me, but suprisingly they hardly hurt. Recovering after a marathon is almost as hard as running one. Yesterday I felt sick all day and I couldn't eat a thing. Today my appetite is back but my entire body is so sore! I feel like I got beat with a baseball bat! Even through all of this pain, I woke up this morning wondering what I want to train for next. I guess I am on a runners high right now. I am so glad that I have such a wonderful husband who sacrificed his mornings and watched Zoie so that I could accomplish this. Without him I probably wouln't have done it. He kept encouraging me and reassuring me that I could do it, even when I thought I couldn't.
Me at mile 15.... I felt great here! And is was so nice to come around the corner and see my family!

Mile 19... I was really starting to get tired here. I just kept telling myself that I was almost done!

FINISHED!! I was SO gald to be done. And don't look too close at the pictures or you can see the salt that had accumulated on my face. I seriously had enough on me to fill a few salt shakers. It was gross.


11 comments:
Way to go Jamie! I was thinking about you on Saturday, wondering how the big run went! I wish I had a little of you in me!
good job jamie! i am so impressed. i wanna do the next one with you - you should come to san francisco - there's a tiffany's necklace at the end!
I have some really cute pictures of you too! I will add them so everyone gets to see. You did amazing!
You are amazing....Simply amazing!
WOW Jamie~ GOOD JOB...you are amazing! I really am so impressed.
i'm so proud of you jamie!!
Way to go Jamie! You are awesome and we are so proud of you! GOod Job!
Good Job Jamie!! You are amazing. Maybe I would do that one Brooke was talking about. I would need a Tiffany necklace at the end to get me to even consider running that far!!!
Your AMAZING! So proud of you!
Austin and I are flying in on Thursday night for graduation. We want to hit up J-dawgs on friday for lunch, we'd love to have you join us! Also weird question/favor, Do you have 10 and 20 vol developer that I could borrow? I have to do my sister in laws hair and didnt want to have to bring some and check my bags in. Let me know. Thanks!
Awesome Jamie! That is amazing that you did another marathon. And that is an awesome time you did it in! I'm a little sad, though, because I am due for a haircut and I just realized that you are leaving! It's so hard to find someone that you like doing your hair...But good luck in New York and then in Cali! Keep in touch on the blog!!!
Sidra
wow girl you are so rad~
hey think of a great restaurant to eat at in NY. there is a place called Katz that has famous sandwiches... I think it is near the brooklyn bridge on the manhattan side. I will keep my eyes peeled:)
Post a Comment