Friday, April 04, 2008

My LONG run!!

Today was my last long run before I run the SLC Marathon!!! I am so excited to be done with long runs, they are so brutal. Today we did 20 miles and I finished it in 2:56. So I did just under a 9 minute mile the whole way! My goal of running the marathon in under 4 hours is starting to look attainable! The race is in 2 weeks from tomorrow so from now until then I will just start to taper my running so that I can be strong for the marathon! Today as I was running I was asking myself " Why the heck am I doing this?" Im still not quite sure.... but I do know that I am not doing it for fun!! My body is so sore today and I am having to take Advil just so I can bend over to pick up Zoie! I guess I am doing it for the rush I get when I cross the finish line. There is nothing more exciting than running across the finish line with thousands of people cheering for you and telling myself that I just ran 26.2 miles!

9 comments:

beth said...

girl! your girl is adorable~ and you are crazy...but i don't expect anything less!
lv
beth j

Austin said...

Your amazing! Keep up the good work!

Jen said...

You are crazy.... but such a good example! I'm jealous! I wish i could do that....I just don't have it in me.

Good Luck!

Taryn said...

i am so blown away by your motivation and dedication!

and yes...let's please all get together in california. yay for california!

Amber said...

You are CRAZY

beth said...

ya i started... but i am a big baffled by the whole high tech mumbo jumbo... so slowly i go...
b

Kristen Lane said...

HEY! You are so crazy! That is so awesome that you have been training for a marathon. I really don't know how you do it. I die after running just 1 mile. Well I can't believe you are moving to New York so soon. You are going to have so much fun this summer. Well, Zoie is getting so big and just as cute as can be. Oh... and you asked where I get Brooklynn's clothes. Really... all the cute ones come from the grandparents. Anyway... this is a novel... sorry! Good Luck Running!

Shannon said...

Crazy Crazy Crazy! Everday when I run my usual 5 mile route, I think of how much I wish I was just naturally skinny and did not have to do this. I don't know how you do it. Boredom overtakes me and I think of all the other things I would rather be doing. Why oh Why could I not have gotten the love for exercise gene that the rest of you got?

blythe said...

You go girl! I can't believe you ran 20--9 minute miles! Wow! Do you use a certain training program? I keep telling myself that I am going to run a marathon some day but I don't even know where to start. Good luck with the run!