Saturday, April 24, 2010

Baby Zack

We are home from the hospital and everything is going great! Zack is such a cute little guy, we are loving having him in our family. Zoie is slowly adjusting, but she has her moments. She is a total mama's girl and it is hard for her to understand that sometimes mom is busy with the baby and can't do everything for her. We are so grateful that grandma Adair is here to help out! She is amazing! Everything went well with the labor/delivery....besides the fact that he was an entire week late! But he was worth the wait! A lot of friends and family have asked how everything happened so I thought I would do a quick little recap.....

Zack was due on April 15, but obviously he was not born on that day. I went in to my doctors appointment that morning and since everything looked good, they decided to let me continue being pregnant. At the time I was dialated to a 2 and I had my membranes stripped. Nothing happened so I decided to take measures into my own hands and I searched the internet for ways to induce labor. I did everything. I walked, jogged, ate pineapple, took black cohosh, had accupunture, bounced on an exercise ball, drank raspberry tea, ate spicy food, and a few other things I would rather not mention. I guess i was just totally desperate! Despite doing all of this, nothing happened. Not even one little contraction. Since Josh was on spring break we decided that if the baby wasn't coming we might as well have fun. So we went to the beach, went to disneyland, went to Griffith park, and had fun as our little family of 3. I started feeling some contractions on Tuesday, but they werent very strong and they eventually stopped in the evening. Wednesday i started having some more, but again they weren't very strong so I wasn't getting my hopes up. On Wednesday morning my friend called me and said that she had tickets to the American Idol gives back show in Pasadena. I decided to go so that I could take my mind off of the fact that I was 6 days late! While we were there I started having a lot more contractions. I guess the baby liked listening to The Black Eyed Peas! I got home around 8 and things really started to pick up. At 10:30 Josh decided that I needed to go to the hospital. I wasn't ready cuz I had only been having steady contractions for a few hours. But he made me go, so I called a friend who came and stayed the night with Zoie ( thank you so much Kate) and we were off! When we got there at about 11:45 I was dialated to a 4 and in active labor. They got me all hooked up and I got my epidural. They checked me around 3:30 and I was at an 8. By 4:30 I was at a 10 and ready to push! We didn't start pushing until around 5:45 and he was born at 6:37am. He was much harder to deliver than Zoie was, probably cuz he was a lot bigger! My parents drove through the night and made it around 10am. They came and saw Zack and then left and played with Zoie. She was so excited to see grandma and papa! I am so glad they were able to come out. My mom is still here with us, and I don't know what i would do without her! She is such a big help! Zack and I are both recovering great. I am just really glad that he is finally out! It feels amazing to not be pregnant!!!

My sweet little boy...


Zoie and Zack. She loves to hold him and give him kisses!


My 2 blondies! Zack doesn't have a ton of hair, but what he does have is very blonde! It is so cute!

7 comments:

Kristen Lane said...

Congrats!!! Zack is such a cute baby! I can't believe how blonde he is. Isn't it the best feeling to not be pregnant anymore! Well I hope things are going good for you.

Kristen Lane said...

Congrats!!! Zack is such a cute baby! I can't believe how blonde he is. Isn't it the best feeling to not be pregnant anymore! Well I hope things are going good for you.

Taryn said...

he's really sweet. congratulations!!

Kelli said...

I am so glad to hear everything went so good! He is a beautiful baby hope things are going great for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How cute. I hope you're recovering well and getting back to normal non-pregnant activity. I'm excited to eventually lay on my stomach again!

Courtney Curt said...

Jamie, I'm Courtney (Peterson) Curt. I went to High School with Josh. I found your blog a while back. Your kids are so cute! I just had my second baby, and love seeing other's newborns. I was happy to see your new picts. He is so cute. Congrats.
You have such a nice little family, and you seem like such a good mom.
Our blog is private, but your more than welcome to view it. If you'd like to, just email me at courtneycurt@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
Congrats again.

Poelmans said...

SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!! Can't wait to meet him! Congrats!