Tuesday, March 22, 2011

11 months

Zack is 11 months old today.  He is such a cute kid and we can't get enough of him!  Here are a few of the fun things Zack does at 11 months......

- Loves a good game of peek-a-boo.  Nothing gets him laughing like this does.
- Will eat anything and everything.  
- Loves bath time.  He sticks his face in the water and tries to drink it.  
- He is a chunk.  I think he is close to 22 lbs.
- He has no desire to walk.  He can stand on his own, but once he realizes what he is doing he falls to the ground.  If we try to make him walk his legs turn to noodles.
- Loves to clap his hands, especially if we sing to him.
- Smiles at everyone.  
- Has 6 teeth.
- Is the biggest mess maker!  If I leave a room for 2 minutes he will destroy it.  
- His favorite room in the house is still the bathroom.  He loves to see how much toilet paper he can unroll before I catch him.

The other night I went into the kids room to check on them before I went to sleep.  For some reason Zack was awake so when he saw me he wanted me to hold him.  I picked him up and started to rock him back to sleep.  While I was rocking him he sat up and took his binky out.  He started talking to me and clapping his hands.  He must have thought it was a pretty awesome conversation.  Just as I started thinking that he was going to be up for another hour, he cuddled up into me and went to sleep.  It was so precious.

Josh tells me almost daily that I spoil Zack way too much.  I probably do.  That is probably why he doesn't want to walk.  Why walk when mom will just carry me?  With Zoie I was pretty strict with her schedule and didn't relax much.  She grew up way too fast and I was sad that I didn't get to enjoy her as a baby since I was too worried about getting her off of her schedule.  I have really tried to just enjoy Zack.  Who cares if he wakes up at night and wants me to hold him.  Who cares if he walks at 14 months instead of 12 months.    Who cares if I rock him and cuddle him at night when I should really just put him to bed.  He will only be a baby for a little while, I need to enjoy it while I can.  Pretty soon he is going to be sassy and naughty just like his big sister.  Until that time, I am going to squeeze that chunky little boy and enjoy every minute of him.  He is my little buddy and I love him so much.  




2 comments:

Amber said...

Can't wait to squeeze him too he is adorable! I agree let him be a baby and enjoy it!

Kelli said...

Love the pictures, he is so cute! I totally agree with you too, I've tried really hard to enjoy Bryce and appreciate his babyness, Austin tells me that I spoil him to much too!