Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pasadena Triathlon

Yesterday I competed in my first triathlon.  It was a blast and I think I might have found another hobby.  Too bad entrance fees to races aren't a little cheaper.  It was a sprint triathlon, which was a great distance for my first.  It was a good thing that the swim was short or I might have drowned.  I can run a marathon but I can't swim a lap in the pool.  Seriously.  I am so bad at swimming.  I was at the gym swimming the other day and a lady told me I should look into adult swimming lessons.  Anyway, the race was great.  I had the best cheering squad.  Josh really is the best, every time I race he gets the kids out of bed and brings them so they can watch and cheer me on.  I love it.  I placed 1st in my age division and 8th overall women.  I was shocked that I did that well, but super happy!


Run.

Bike.

Swim. (Im actually out of the pool) Im in the pink tank and black shorts.  Too bad Josh didn't capture my doggie paddle in action.

Post race food!  I don't like eating after races....but my family does!  I walk around and get the free food for them.

Wet and FREEZING!

First place!  WOOHOO!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing Jamie! Great job...

Emily said...

Jamie that's awesome! Way to go!

Al & Whitney said...

Way to go Jamie!! When Al started doing tris he said the same thing about swimming. He watched a bunch of videos on Youtube to help him...lol

Anonymous said...

Great job!! You are amazing!!

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

Dang good job! Derek says, "She's a stud!" : )

Jenna said...

Don't you love triathlons?!?! I'm jealous that you got to swim in a lap pool, I've only done lake swims which kinda gross me out and I always seem to go slightly off course.

Tim and Jennifer said...

How cool! I like how you are smiling in all the pictures. I think I would be crying in pain!

Shannon Allen said...

Jamie, of course you would get first place! You are amazing!

The Wonnacotts said...

Can I be you when I grow up?

Shannon said...

Congrats Jamie! I think a triathalon would be so much fun! Maybe someday! It was fun hanging out with you guys this weekend!