We left New York on Friday and we flew to Phoenix. We ate lunch with my family and I got my hair done by my sister and then we took off and drove to California. It was such a long day! Overall it ran very smooth and Zoie was awesome! I was worried that she was going to be awful traveling that much in one day but she was just the opposite! We got to our appartment late Friday night so we just threw down a mattress and went to bed! We woke up on Saturday and unloaded all of our stuff and got a refrigerator and washer and dryer. We had some help unloading from a few guys in our ward, which was a huge help! Our ward out here is great! There are about 8 other first year dental students so Josh was excited about that! Josh started school yesterday so now we are just trying to get everything put away into our apartment! Luckly, we have tons of storage and closets to hide all of our crap! Seriously, when we were unloading I was trying to figure out how 3 people could accumulate so much stuff! Its rediculous! As soon as we get everything in order and decorated I will post some pictures of our apartment......don't expect them for about a month! We are so excited to begin our journey out here in sunny California!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
NY to LA!!
Our summer in NY is over and we are now moved into our apartment in southern california. I can't believe how fast the summer went. Now that it is over the past 4 months all just seem like a blurr. I was excited to leave NY so we could get to California and begin dental school, but now that we are here I kinda miss the city. I love big cities and all that they have to offer. New York is amazing!! I will always love that city, we have some great memories there! On our last evening there we went downtown to see the city one last time! We went down to Battery Park, which is directly across from the statue of liberty, and we let Zoie run around while we watched the sun set. It was so beautiful! Here are some pictures....



We left New York on Friday and we flew to Phoenix. We ate lunch with my family and I got my hair done by my sister and then we took off and drove to California. It was such a long day! Overall it ran very smooth and Zoie was awesome! I was worried that she was going to be awful traveling that much in one day but she was just the opposite! We got to our appartment late Friday night so we just threw down a mattress and went to bed! We woke up on Saturday and unloaded all of our stuff and got a refrigerator and washer and dryer. We had some help unloading from a few guys in our ward, which was a huge help! Our ward out here is great! There are about 8 other first year dental students so Josh was excited about that! Josh started school yesterday so now we are just trying to get everything put away into our apartment! Luckly, we have tons of storage and closets to hide all of our crap! Seriously, when we were unloading I was trying to figure out how 3 people could accumulate so much stuff! Its rediculous! As soon as we get everything in order and decorated I will post some pictures of our apartment......don't expect them for about a month! We are so excited to begin our journey out here in sunny California!!
We left New York on Friday and we flew to Phoenix. We ate lunch with my family and I got my hair done by my sister and then we took off and drove to California. It was such a long day! Overall it ran very smooth and Zoie was awesome! I was worried that she was going to be awful traveling that much in one day but she was just the opposite! We got to our appartment late Friday night so we just threw down a mattress and went to bed! We woke up on Saturday and unloaded all of our stuff and got a refrigerator and washer and dryer. We had some help unloading from a few guys in our ward, which was a huge help! Our ward out here is great! There are about 8 other first year dental students so Josh was excited about that! Josh started school yesterday so now we are just trying to get everything put away into our apartment! Luckly, we have tons of storage and closets to hide all of our crap! Seriously, when we were unloading I was trying to figure out how 3 people could accumulate so much stuff! Its rediculous! As soon as we get everything in order and decorated I will post some pictures of our apartment......don't expect them for about a month! We are so excited to begin our journey out here in sunny California!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jamie!
How exciting for you guys! i CANNOT wait until we are moving into our place starting dental school. It is such a long road but I know it's totally worth it! That is so awesome that you enjoyed NY. I love NY!!! I would love to live there for a while! Zoie is getting so big! She is so dang cute! I can't wait until December when I have my little boy so I wont be alone during the day while Craig is at work/school! hehe! Keep in touch!
Love ya!
Wow you made it. That is great that the day went so smooth. When you guys left it was so weird realizing Jon and I were pretty much the last ones here. I am so jelous that you are in Cali. Hope all is well.
Jamie im so excited for you guys to be in california!!! Im glad youre starting to get settled! i hate moving probably as much as you do; im glad we're both done; well at least for at least a few years :) anyway, im just goin to call ya, because we have so much to talk about! love ya! talk to ya soon!
Good luck unpacking! I am still not all organized and it has been 3 weeks! I'm so glad you have people in your ward in your same situation. You guys will have such a blast and I cant wait to come visit!
yay you are closer!!! hey tell angie to invite me to her blog...
elizabethjarman@gmail.com
Post a Comment